Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 10 of Training

Today was a colder day in the valley of Adelboden. The fog has returned to the chalet and it has been a rainy and dreary day. I slept in the eves again last evening and got a wonderful night of sleep. After morning meeting, we had to pack up all of our belongings and move to the building just across from Main Chalet. The chalet is expecting guests in the attic where all of the summer vollies were staying. I am not in the attics of Spycher, there are 7 of us sleeping there and 4 our one floor below. I received my package that my mother sent me! I am very excited for more warm clothes, some books to read, peanut butter and my favorite Tony's Creole Seasoning. I can now make my food un-bland and spice things up a bit :). I then got to help Christoph with the recycling bit and go to town to the recycling facility. It had a junk-yard feel, but none the less it was great fun (I do love recycling). We sorted PET bottles, paper and cardboard, tin, and glass. And to drop of your rubbish (trash) it cost 12 CHF. It is quite costly to dump trash in Switzerland. We ventured back to the chalet and Emma and I had assigned kitchen duties-- slicing in preparation for breakfast and packed lunches. I used the automatic slicer and sliced two lots of cheese and some salami. I am scared of knives, so that was a fun task. I did not manage to cut myself, thank goodness. Dinner was served and then breakfast and lunch were prepared :) And that concludes the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment