Friday, May 14, 2010

Zurich, Day 3

I woke up around 10am took a shower, but since I was still very tired I went straight back to bed, and slept through my alarms to get up, etc. The hotel front lobby called the room at half past 12 and said checkout had passed. I quickly got dressed and packed, checked out and then went into town. I was staying near the hotel so I was about 2 km away from the city. I took the train to Zurich central, and honestly I do not know how I made it there, because I had no clue where I was going. I got to the train station at the very bottom level and did not have a clue where I should go. I was looking for the train station help desk, but all the signs were in German or Swiss German so I didn’t have a clue. Finally, I decided to go up 2 levels and that was where the tourist center was, the train station office, food, and the trains to other cities. The inter-city trains were all on the levels below. Anyways, I went to a restaurant on the top floor because I was starving, the menu was in German and they only sold fish. I was able to get some sort of fish sandwich and a drink. I ate my lunch and it was time to see what platform my train departed. I was quite nervous and a little stressed and tired because I had to haul around a 50 lb bag everywhere we went. I finally boarded the train and I had a few stops. It took me to Bern then I changed trains to go to Spietz, then I changed to go to Frutigen and then at Frutigen I had 2 minutes to walk over the bus to go to Adelboden. When I boarded the 30-minute bus ride, I knew Our Chalet was near. I was still quite tired and very quiet. The Adelboden Oey bus stop arrived and as soon as I got off the bus, I hear a very enthusiastic girl ask if I was working at Our Chalet, I nod and I board the van. I am a little intimidated as I board the van, the girl’s name is Lorrie, she’s from the UK, and the driver is Christoph, he is in charge of grounds and maintenance at the Chalet. I then bring my bags all the way uphill to squirrel house, and go to a place called the T-bar where the other summer volunteers are playing Junior Pictionary. Dinner was at 6pm, we ate, had an inside evening programme, since it was raining, where we sang girl scout songs from all over the world. It was quite a neat experience. After that, I was able to get online, chat with friends, email and then it was bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment