Tuesday, August 17, 2010

17/8/10

Today: Guest services. I was back to guest services, which is my last event I will be working. I leave the chalet in just 6 short days, and my parents are arriving in 2 days, horray! I was on the early breakfast shift, but it was a changeover day so it was quite slow in the morning. I was the laundry queen again for the changeover day and I did loads and loads of laundry, really. The autumn volunteers have arrived and they help out on guest services so I was training Mette when we were doing rubbish and recycling. We sorted the paper and food out of the rubbish bins. We emptied all of the paper, rubbish and recycling bins from both buildings and did laundry in between. We also had time to re-stock bathrooms, so I showed her how to do that too. We brought the 2 green bins down to the silver bin, Mette jumped on the silver bin to fit about 10 more bags in the container, it was great and she earned staff challenge points. Luckily, Christoph was coming up the hill in the chalet van, so he put the containers in the back and we got a ride up the hill, just in time for lunch. Since we had a lot of extra bread at the chalet, Lesley made individual pizzas on bread for lunch, it was yummy! I then continued to do laundry after I helped out with lunch cleanup. I even did my laundry as well, which was much needed. After that, Susan had an outdoor picnic and she made crepes, they were so yummy! I had a nutella and banana crepe. It was then time for dinner preparation, and since the autumn vollies are helping, I was sent back to the laundry room to do laundry. I tidied up the laundry room, folded and put away all the laundry and continued to do wash, I as busy until dinner time, it was crazy. After dinner, we cleaned up. I taught an autumn vollie how to 'Vim;' I love vimming, its one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen, but I love washing dishes as well. I hung out with Susan and Renee and we chatted and gossiped for a little bit. I then fixed my necker, after Renee re-tied my friendship knot; I added all my pins to my necker, horray it looks neat! Anyways, it was a long day and I have 2 more working days until I have a day off. I am working program tomorrow since it is on-site day and I get to run the orienteering session, ya ya ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment