Wednesday, August 18, 2010

18/8/10

It was my last time to work on-site day, and I was in charge of my favorite station -- Orienteering! At opening ceremony, Agus and I got to raise the flag. =) Jackie left this morning, so we had a goodbye muffin celebration in the dining hall just after the ceremony. Then, the bell rang and we were off to begin the day. The girls are from the UK, Japan and Canada...this is the only event with no Americans, crazy. The girls seemed tired and quiet, but they seemed to enjoy the activity. We had BBQ lunch, inside, because it was raining. We also had a bread crisis, someone in the office forgot to order the BBQ bread, so we had to use the regular bread for the BBQ, hm oh well. During the next session, I worked on the Our Chalet summer video I have been working on. I also folded laundry and made sign up sheets for the hikes during program. During orienteering, you have a 45-50 minute break, so I occupied my time wisely. After our second session, 3 girls still had not come back from orienteering. So, I put my rain jacket on and decided to go look for them. I wandering on the road uphill and into a forest looking for them and I stumbled upon the magic tree! The magic tree (I am going once more before I leave with a camera) is a tree that you can go inside, it is very cool. The forest was breath-taking and in the end I really enjoyed my walk/hike. I picked berries on the way back to the chalet, and luckily the girls had made it back just 2 minutes before I returned. Thank goodness we did not loose guests during the first day. We had once last session and then I helped the guests with their patrol duties. I worked on the video some more before dinner time as well, and I can not wait til I am finished! I decided to lend a hand in the kitchen, since Kate was sick and there were only 3 girls working. So, I got excused from evening program set up and helped with the washing and cleaning. I then went to International night, which was lots of fun! I got 4 patrol pins from a UK guide; they were the flowers from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland! It was a good day/night and I am exhausted so I going to bed. I am excited for my parents arrival tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment