Friday, July 16, 2010

16/7/10

Emma and I were in charge of leading a group of girls from North Carolina and Maine to the climbing wall and adventure park. We started our morning with an hour hike to the adventure park, we got the appropriate equipment then headed to the climbing wall. It was a very hot day already and at some points I was feeling light headed, so I drank an entire water bottle when we arrived. I was feeling much better, luckily I packed about 2L of water. We spent about 3 hours at the climbing wall and all of the girls really seemed to enjoy climbing. I helped belay girls so that everyone had multiple times to go up the rock. We then enjoyed lunch by the river. We started the adventure park at 2pm. Luckily the adventure park is somewhat shaded by the trees so it wasn't as hot as the climbing wall area. After the girls repelled, zip lined and did the high ropes course, Emma and I got to jump off the bridge! It was my favorite part! And when Emma was coming down from the swinging part of it, the instructor and I were splashing her with water, then he pushed me in the river and lowered Emma into the river. We had a water fight in the river and we were all soaked from head to toe. It was nice to cool off though, since it was such a hot day outside. We had Swiss night for the evening program, which is one of my favorite nights. Fritz played is alpen horn, we sang a swiss german song, we had the William Tell play about Swiss independence and had the Swiss Jeopardy game with chocolate fondue as a surprise prize. It was a fun day. I am off on Saturday because I am hiking to Bunderspitz and watching the sunrise on Sunday morning. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment