Monday, July 19, 2010

19/7/10

The internet went out again in Stockli house, which is why my posts are delayed. Today was an adventure day to Elsigen. I was leading the high-road group which is about a 3 hour hike to Elsigenalp. I had only gone on this hike once before, so I was somewhat nervous about messing up. Emma also came but she has never been on the high-road before so she would not be able to help. During the hike, there was this point where the road split and the sign had two options for the direction of Elsigenalp. I went the way I felt most natural but for 15-20 minutes I was kinda nervous that I had gone the wrong way, until I recognized a large barn. Thank goodness I was on the right path. We got to the top in 2 hours and 20 minutes....and later I found out my pace was too fast for some of the guests, well leaders mainly. We enjoyed lunch by the lake. The vollies layed in the sun and swam for a few hours. Then, Emma and I led a hike up to the glacier lake that is 30 minutes away. Since it is at a higher altitude, the lake is slowly evaporating and it was much lower than when I had seen it last. Anyways, after our glacier lake adventure it was time for an afternoon gelato snack. Some of the guests also got ice cream. Then we all headed to the gondola station to ride down the mountain to meet the bus which was our ride home. Horray, we did not have to hike anymore. We boarded the bus and continued a very scary journey down the mountain. We made it safe and sound to the chalet, or I wouldn't be writing my blog. We had sweet & sour chicken for dinner, which is my absolute favorite chalet dinner meal. For dessert, we had blackberry and apple crumble, yum yum yum.  We even have the guests sing Lesley's infamous crumble song before dessert is served, we all put our spoons to our forehead and sang the song. It goes "Oh what a lovely crumble, oh what a lovely pud, oh what a lovely crumble, tastes like a good crumble should, yum yum yum, oh what a lovely crumble, oh what a lovely pud." After dinner and dessert, we hosted the WAGGGS Centenary game for evening program. The guests that came truly had a lot of fun. It was a good day at the office. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment