Thursday, July 29, 2010

29/7/10


It was freezing cold and very rainy today. This morning, I was off to the gorge with Katie. I decided to be on the very bottom platform in order to safely help the girls at the end of the repelling run. It rained during the first hour of our hike there, and then the sun came out and then it rained some more. The gorge is already very wet and rainy inside so it did not help that it was rainy outside as well. Therefore, it was very wet inside the gorge. It was raining so much inside that it was hard to look up to see when the girls were coming down. I stood at the bottom for about 2 hours, and I can feel that I was getting wet. After everyone had their turn, it was time to walk up the 200+ stairs to get out of the gorge. We ate lunch under a wooded shelter, since it was still raining. We luckily were able to go to the woodcarvers early. I enjoyed a nice cup of coffee in a heated room at the cafe next door. I was so thankful for the fire! After the hour spent at the woodcarvers and the cafe, it was time to head back to the chalet. I lead the hike. Two guests and I decided to kick back a rock all the way to the chalet. It was a lot of fun playing 'rockcer.' And we managed to only replace one rock, as Pumba Senior (the rock), fell off the side of the mountain. I got back to the chalet relatively early, so I had some time to relax and what not. We had the weekly campfire meeting and then it was dinner time. I was in charge of the fire for campfire again, so I smell like campfire. =) I even had to go collect some more wood during the campfire, and I ran to the tool shed and slipped in the mud on my way there. I know have a huge muddy patch on the back of my rain pants. It was still fun falling in the mud and rain. But, I kept the fire going and the campfire program went well. We even got to making English S'mores after campfire, with English biscuits! It was yummy, yummy. It was a good day, but I am going to bed because I am working guest services tomorrow and it is a change over day. Therefore, I am going to be very busy. (I did not proof-read this post, apologies).

No comments:

Post a Comment