Saturday, July 24, 2010

24/7/10

Adventure park and climbing wall day with ELAINE! I am on program for this event and I am finally on an event with Elaine, which is exciting. It was another rainy day in the Swiss Alps. And due to the weather, we headed to the indoor climbing wall in town. We walked the steep road up to town and finally made it to the climbing wall. The girls were excited to climb, which is exciting for me. They climbed for a few hours and then Peter, an Alpen-Schule staff member, held a climbing competition. The girls split into teams and had to each climb and belay once and the first group to finish won the competition. Watching the game was a lot of fun and the girls really seemed to enjoy it. They even had an individual rope-ladder competition that was timed. The fastest girl climbed to the top in 48 seconds, it was crazy. It was then time to walk to the adventure park to enjoy lunch....in the rain. But, as a prepared girl scout I had all my necessary rain equipment. We ate lunch outside and watched some girls jump off the bridge. After lunch we started the adventure park, we did the training course, the zip lines, repelled down the bridge and did the high ropes course. At the end of the high-ropes course there is a part with wooden planks that you can walk across with no hands. I had already walked across with no hands, but a staff member challenged me to walk backwards without hands. So I daringly tried. I succeeded for about 5 steps but then fell off and went backwards and upside down until my safety lines caught me. It was actually a lot of fun and now my challenge next time is to be able to walk across backwards with no hands. After that it was jumping off the bridge time! It is my absolute favorite thing to do at the adventure park. After everyone who wanted to jump off the bridge finished, it was time to head back to the chalet. It was not raining for our walk back home, which was nice. We made it safe and sound back to the chalet. Elaine and I re-did the Swiss game pieces when we got back and now they are nice, new and laminated! It was Swiss Night for evening program and this time I was in the kitchen preparing the surprise chocolate fondue. The guests always love that surprise =) And with that being said, it was a good day in the office. ...I even went to bed just after 11pm!

Peace, Love & Harmony. ~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment