Tuesday, July 6, 2010

6/7/10-Vevey/Montreux/Jazz Festival!




Its my day off!! Elaine, Agus, Jackie and I decided to all take part in an adventure. Our first stop was Vevey, a small quaint city situated on Lake Geneva. We walked around a bit and then decided to have lunch by the lake. We also went shopping as well. After spending a few hours there, we hopped on a train to go to Montreux. Our first destination was Castle Chillon, it is about 3km south of Mountreux and it was only a 10 minute bus ride. The castle dates back to the 12th century and was in a perfect location on the water and tucked away in the mountains. It took about an hour and a half to walk through the entire castle; we saw prison chambers, dungeons, chapels, sitting rooms, dining halls, fortifications, watch towers and even a defense bridge. It was a very beautiful castle and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. It was even a little bit crowded by other tourists. After the castle, we took a boat across lake Geneva to Montreux. It was a beautiful day and the boat ride was lovely. We arrived in Montreux and I was ready to go see the Jazz Festival. It was the 44th annual Montreux Jazz Festival and I was really excited to see live music. We walked along the river and there were lots and lots of market venues, shops and food. We finally got to the park and we were able to enjoy live music. It was very nice to sit down and relax for a few hours and enjoy some groovy tunes. We enjoyed bands from the USA, Switzerland and Australia. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my day off and glad I was able to go to a music festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment