Friday, July 2, 2010

2/7/10





Today was another town day at the chalet and our final destination was Thun. We first went to Niesenbahn and road the funicular train up to the top of Niesen, which is about 2,300m high. When we arrived, we gave the guests a debriefing about time and logistics and then let them free. Katie, Lesley and I set out for a little stroll, then decided to hike 10 minutes away to another mountain cliff to eat our lunch. It was very lovely and on the other side of the mountain it was a rocky straight down shot all the way to the bottom, so we were careful. We enjoyed the view and our lunch and then it was time to go meet the guests to go back down the train. It is only a 30-minute ride. After we arrived at the station, we walked to go meet our bus, but our bus driver was late and we had to wait about 20 minutes in the heat! The bus then took us to Spiez, we hopped on a boat and road all the way to Thun. It was about a 50-minute boat ride, the sun was hot, but the breeze was nice. I did manage to get slightly pink on my legs. We had about 2 hours free/shop time in Thun. It was nice because I was able to go to the bank and grocery store without walking up the mega hill to the town of Adelboden. I restocked my snack supply and got a cold refreshing drink. I had a lovely day in town and I have the night off since Megan wanted to work and go on the twilight hike, so we swapped shifts. I am relaxing and enjoying the quiet of Stockli house. I have off tomorrow and a few girls and I are going to Thun for a Bluegrass Festival and swimming in the river! I get to sleep in since the festival is in the afternoon, horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment