Wednesday, July 28, 2010

28/7/10


It was a town day for programme and I was off to Interlaken. I woke up early in the morning to make the Trummelbache Falls picnic box. I ate breakfast and packed some snacks because Elaine and I were planning to get Chinese food in town. We were first off to the chocolatier. I opted not to partake in the show, because the strong smell of chocolate is overwhelming at times. We then boarded the bus, dropped off the rafters and then headed to the falls. It was only a 20 minute journey to the falls and the steep, vertical, rocky mountains throughout the valley were beautiful. There was even a snow-covered mountain in the distance. We got to the falls and had a picnic lunch outside. We sent the guests into the falls and then I took a rest outside laying underneath the trees. It was nice to just relax for about 45 minutes. I then prepared cold and hot drinks as well as cake for the surprise picnic for the guests. They enjoyed the juice, hot chocolate and fruit cake. It was then time to head back to the bus to go back to Interlaken. Once we got there, we had exactly two hours in town and then it would be time to head back to board the bus and go home. Elaine and I went to the Chinese restaurant, but when we got there they were closed. The restaurant was closed from 2:30-6pm, how crazy is that. Although I was excited for chinese food, I opted to just eat a sandwich instead. By then, we had time to go the grocery and then head back to the bus. It was a nice day, but I was very tired from hiking to Kandersteg and staying up late from the Circus. We had an indoor games night for evening program. The game was to re-create chalet museum exhibits, the girls had lots of fun making tea party sets, old scout uniforms, Falk's snow shoes and chalet flags. After evening program, I was very tired and shortly went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment