Monday, July 26, 2010

26/7/10





I was off to Thun for the day. I started the day with breakfast, coffee and morning meeting. After boarding the bus, our first destination was Niesen. We road the funicular train up to the top, it was very cold at the peak, about 3C, which is 37ish F. Elaine and I ordered hot drinks at the restaurant and decided to hang out inside for the time spent on the mountain. When we first arrived to the top there was a view of the mountains around us, but within half an hour a cloud rose to the top and we were enclosed. Then, there was no view at all, which is why we decided to stay indoors. After hanging out on Niesen, we road the bus to Spiez so we could catch a boat. It was very sunny and quite warm in Spiez, I was wishing I had shorts, but oh well. Elaine and I rode on the boat for an hour all the way to Thun. We walked around Thun, went to the grocery store and wandered for an hour. We wandered through the old town and then up to Schloss Thun, the castle of Thun. It was a 20 minute climb up the stairs to the castle. But the view was very pretty and inside the castle was nice. I really enjoyed walking through the castle and learning about the history of Thun and the history of the castle. There was even a cool pottery collection in the cellar. After wandering around the castle and the grounds and the gardens, it was time to head back to catch the bus. We got ice cream bars with nutella in the middle to-go and we were off back to the train station area. We boarded the bus and were off to the chalet. After dinner, evening program was the twilight hike. Elaine, Susan and I lead the hike to Bunderfalle and when we got back to the chalet we served the guests hot chocolate. Yum! It was a good night. Tomorrow, I have the day off and I am hiking to Kandersteg, which is the next valley over its about a 7hour hike!!! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment