Tuesday, June 15, 2010

15/6/10

My morning began by making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my packed lunch. I then ate a pear for breakfast because on Thun town days we eat lunch quite early so I would rather be hungry for lunch. Today, I was on the Thun excursion. First, we boarded the coach bus at the bottom of the chalet driveway and we went to Frutigen to then start our departure to the Niesen Mountain. Niesen is known as the Swiss pyramid, as it is shaped mostly like a triangular pyramid. We took the funicular train up the mountain to the top of Niesen. The view from the top was drastically different from the previous time. We had managed to come above the cloud, since it was foggy at the base of the mountain, and we could only see some mountain peaks through the clouds. I thought it was beautiful and I posted a picture to share. I just wanted to fly off the mountain and lay and jump through the clouds. Although if I did, I would most likely plummet to my death so I made a smart decision and decided to stay on the mountain. =) haha. Our next stop was Spiez where we would catch a boat to ride across Lake Thun to the Oberhofen Castle. The last time I went to the castle I did not have time to explore the gardens and boy was I missing out! This was my favorite part of the whole day. The gardens were beautiful and they had many flowers and a view to the lake. I spent the entire time we had at the castle outside in the gardens. They were very beautiful and I have pictures to share as well. I bought postcards at the shop to add to my collection. About four o’clock the bus departed for the chalet and we were back around 5:30pm. I got back to Stockly (staff house) and I received a package from my mom, which I am very grateful, so thank you. Tonight’s evening program is a sunset hike, which begins at 8pm and could last from 1-3 hours depending on the group, and I may even have a chance to go to the cheesemakers hut, but I will tell you about the hike tomorrow on my DAY OFF! I am about to investigate to see if I want to travel tomorrow or hang around the Bernese Oberland (the canton I currently reside in). Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment