Thursday, June 17, 2010

17/6/10

Back to work on a foggy Thursday morning. Today was another town day for program, final destination Interlaken and Trummelbachfalle. I was the volunteer on the microphone in the bus to town, it was a lot of fun. I got to tell the guests facts about the area every now and then. We first went to Interlaken and visited the Chocolatier. I bought my first lot of chocolate bars! After the chocolate tour we boarded the bus and dropped of the whitewater rafters and then we were off to the waterfall. We ate lunch in the flowery fields. I did not go into the falls but set up the Picnic with Lesley. I enjoyed being outdoors for an hour or so. We had a birthday girl in the group so we prepared candles and a cake for her return from the falls. We had a nice picnic where we enjoyed tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cake. Next stop was Interlaken for free time, wandering and shopping. We let the guests do as they please so the staff headed to the churches in the east portion of the town. We went to a Roman Catholic church that had been remodeled in the 1960s, so it was historic on the outside and modern in the inside. I then walked around the town with Megan. I went to Coop (grocery store) because I needed Febreze for my dirty laundry and air freshner for the odor of our room since it at times has a funny odor. I also got a cow patterned mug with flowers since there is a lack of mugs in Stockli house! After our Coop visit we power walked back to the bus since it was raining and cold. We had an hour bus ride back to Chalet and I slept the entire time. We had sweet and sour chicken for dinner with plum crumble, my favorite dinner and my favorite dessert!! For evening program we played an outdoor WAGGGS game. After the game we played ‘ride that pony’ and had chocolate cake in Stockli. The cake was leftover from Sally’s birthday, yay! I enjoyed a cup of hot cocoa in my new mug! Goodnight all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment