Wednesday, June 9, 2010

9/6/10


Morning meeting was quite long today, as the program coordinator was in charge, Koka, and she is quite a hoot. We looked at the picture books from the 50th anniversary of the chalet; it was a lot of fun to look at the guides singing, dancing, eating and having fun! And observing the fashion was also fun as well. Today I was entitled laundry queen. I was in charge of doing and keeping up with the laundry today. I enjoy doing the laundry as it gives one a sense of accomplishment and achievement. The Indian guides left today, and boy did they leave a mess behind as well. In between loads of laundry, I helped Kate sweep up the bedrooms and move beds out of the way so she could vacuum easier. I have never seen so many candy wrappers, Indian snacks, food, paper and hair in my life, it was quite a mess. After lunch I did manage to put towels and linen on all 50 beds in main chalet! I was excited about that bit. Then I was whirled into opening the shop for a few British ladies that came to the chalet. After the shop, it was time to say goodbye to Rosie, a spring volunteer. So a group of 8, including Rosie, went down to the bus stop to say goodbye. I was drug by Loise to come down to the bus stop, although I still had my cowboy boots on, oops. Then I had an afternoon break and afternoon tea! Marel made her famous gluten free chocolate cake; it was a good cake and very rich. After tea, I was doing laundry again, as I said I was laundry queen today. There were only 3 guests and staff for dinner so not much help was needed in the kitchen. We cleaned up for dinner and then myself and 3 other vollies performed the William Tell play for staff challenge. We dressed in costume and practiced after dinner. The play occurred during Swiss Night. And opening up during Swiss Night was Fritz on his Alpine horn, above is a picture! It was a good and relaxing evening. One picture is of us acting in the play and the other is a picture of the mountains taken at 9PM!!! Peace & Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment