Saturday, June 26, 2010

26/6/10




This morning I woke up at 4:45am. The volunteers were off to see the cows make their annual trek up the mountain for summer time. They start hiking up the mountain at 4am, and there were 350 total cows that went up the mountain. Many cows wear enormous cowbells, so the amount of noise is unreal. After we got back around 6:30am, I relaxed and waited till breakfast time. I had the late breakfast shift so I had a few hours until I had to be in the kitchen. I was able to enjoy my own breakfast and coffee in bed, it was very relaxing. After breakfast, I was in charge of cleaning bathrooms in Main Chalet. It was a fairly easy task and after I was finished I helped another vollie mop, since she was still vacuuming. We had lunch outside since it was such a pleasant day. After lunch time, it was definitely time for my nap and I woke up just in time for dinner preparation. During dinner cleanup, the crew managed to break 2 glass dessert bowls. Gravity won that battle. After dinner, I changed clothes then joined in the evening program water fight! It was freezing cold water, I got soaked but it was a lot of fun! I felt like a kid again. After I dried off, I was ready for bed. Today was a lovely, somewhat relaxing day at the chalet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment