Monday, June 7, 2010

7/6/10 - Lucerne

Lucerne day 2. I woke up in the morning and ate complimentary breakfast at the hotel =) Liz was busy in the morning so I decided to have a walk around the city. It was lightly sprinkling so I brought my rain jacket. I strolled through many watch shops, souvenir shops, chocolatiers and random shops. There was cobblestone roads and the architecture and atmosphere is just unexplainable. I took many pictures of the churches, paintings, statues, buildings, lights and bell towers. I even got a Swatch since Lucerne is the capital of watch making. I enjoyed being a tourist and sat at a bench for a while just people watching, this was of course after it stopped raining. Lucerne is a relatively small town inhabiting about 60,000 people but over one million tourists come each year. Many of the restaurants are along the river so I enjoyed some coffee as I sat next to the river. I caught an afternoon train back to Adelboden and safely made it back. I really enjoy train rides, I was reading in the Switzerland tour book that one of the best train rides across Switzerland is called Glacier Express, it takes about seven and a half hours to go from the Southwest to the East part of Switzerland. It is said that many of the views can only be seen by the train, but I will have to investigate more about the Glacier Express. Since the Indians are still here, one of the leaders offered to make an Indian dish for dinner. So tonight we had an Indian meal. It was an incredibly delicious meal, I am so full I want to go to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment