Thursday, June 3, 2010

3/6/10


Last evening, Kate and I were assigned the task to move everyone’s bag from Spycher to Stockly, the staff house! Moving to the staff house was exciting, but moving a total of 12 girls’ luggage between 7:45-9am was not as exciting. Because we had moved so many times throughout the chalet, our bags seem to not close anymore. Therefore, instead of just 12 suitcases, we carried bags, backpacks, extra bags, trash bags, toiletry bags and other miscellaneous bags. We had to move all the bags to the staff house before morning meeting at 9:30 since we had guests arriving to stay in our rooms in the afternoon. After morning meeting, it was off to doing the daily morning chores and such. My task was vacuuming and mopping Spycher. I don’t mind doing some cleaning, because I get to be by myself for the most part and since it is an every day task while on guest services it is somewhat relaxing. We had lunch and then learned how to use the cash register in the shop. Horray, I finally had the chance to get some pins at the shop to add to my necker (my uniform scarf I wear). I purchased a centenary pin and a Swiss Scout pin. Luckily, I am on guest services so I had a 2-hour break so that I was able to unpack my suitcase and put everything where it belongs! It is a nice feeling having a place to put your things and knowing where everything is.  We cooked, ate dinner and cleaned the kitchen, and that was the conclusion to my day. I enjoyed a relaxing evening, hung out with the volunteers and drank a hot cup of cocoa =) And above is a picture of my side of the room, as I share it with 2 others!

No comments:

Post a Comment