Tuesday, June 8, 2010

8/6/10


Good-morning and welcome back to the work life. I was on the second half of breakfast duty. After morning meeting, myself, Susan and Loise were in charge of tours. We had a tour at 10am. It was my first tour and I was excited since the 40 people were from the USA. They were a nice group and they said that their girl scout troop has been saving money to come here for 9 years. They are traveling around Europe so they are not staying at the chalet. After the tour, we had a pinning ceremony where all the girls received the Chalet pin. It is a unique pin because you can only get it if you come here and you are only allowed to purchase one pin. After the ceremony, we opened the shop for the guests and they were able to purchase whatever they liked. I met a gentlemen and he said it was his first time to leave the USA and he has always wanted to come see the Swiss Alps, and he is 52. I am very lucky to have the opportunity to come here and live in the mountains for 3 months. I was very exhausted from my days off so after lunch I was able to take a 2 hour nap. It was lovely and I was out as quick as a light bulb. We had a very nice potato dish for dinner, and right now I can’t remember the name. We finished clean up by 8pm, which is a record! Normally, we never finish until after 8:30pm. Tonight’s evening programme was closing campfire for the Indian guides. They dressed up in their beautiful attire and we sang many songs, it was a great time.  The picture is my favorite flower here, the alpine buttercup.

No comments:

Post a Comment