Sunday, June 20, 2010

20/6/10


I woke up this morning relatively early for my day off and I went to church with Renee. It was a high of 6 degrees and the forecast was snow so I layered myself and walked to town. As we arrived into the town of Adelboden, the church bells were already ringing and mass began at 9am. The entire mass was in Swiss German. It was a small, quaint little church with only about 20 attendees. After mass, the weather outside was much colder and we could see snow on top of the mountain. We also noticed that the trees were covered in snow, it was freezing! We walked back to the chalet and my plan for the day was to have a lazy day and relax. I even did a load of laundry in my spare time of watching a new TV series entitled The Unit. I watched about 5 episodes today. We had dinner with the new guests that have arrived and program event 3 official begins tomorrow, and I will be back to guest services. Since it is arrival day, there was no evening program. So I continued to watch episodes of The Unit. I have also discovered that my stomach does not like diary products here, so starting tomorrow I am limiting myself to lactose-free products. By Friday the weather should be warmer about 65F, which will be very nice!! In my photo is my flower pillow and my stuffed animal bear, who I spent most of the day with, haha. Ciao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment